Please share your comments

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Coyotes and Sheepdogs

Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. -Jeremiah 23:3

Are you a fan of Saturday morning cartoons? I grew up watching Looney Tunes every Saturday morning without fail. One of my favorite episodes involves Wile E Coyote and Ralph the Sheepdog. The beginning of the cartoon shows Wile E and Ralph clocking in for the day to their respective jobs. Wile E’s job is to try and steal sheep from the flock that is guarded by Ralph. Wile E is always looking for the sheep that has wandered from the flock. As you may surmise, Wile E is not very successful in his endeavors and Ralph keeps the flock safe. Ralph cares for the sheep in his charge.

During Jeremiah’s time, there were many careless shepherds. They were evil and destroyed their flocks. The flocks were scattered and had no protection. God removed the careless shepherds and appointed new ones that cared and tended to them, to us. He sent Jesus to gather us into His flock and under His protection. We no longer need to fear the Wile E’s of the world. Jesus is our Good Shepherd.

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! -Psalm 34:3

No comments:

Post a Comment